Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Realizing New Year's Is Meaningless and Offers No Hope: A Timeline

7:00 a.m.
YES! It's 2014! Clean slate! Freedom from all the ways I screwed up my life and the horrible person I became in 2013. From now on it's going to be nothing but gym gym gym all the time eat nothing but vegetables be stellar at work love everyone never say negative things be best girlfriend ever have clean house reconnect with friends do more freelance work plant trees not suck anymore save money use free time wisely get new job in the city and make a budget and be responsible and awesome and happy and always wear sunscreen.

9:00 a.m.
It's ok. I'll have a better workout tomorrow. Now, to interact with people.

12:00 p.m.
I am really struggling with this not sucking anymore thing.

1:00 p.m.
I am a complete mess. I think I am missing a very important part of what it takes to make someone a functioning human being. Why am I saying and doing these stupid things? It's like watching a train derailing. I am grounding myself from social functions until I can fix myself somehow.

2:00 p.m.
I don't think it was 2014 EVERYWHERE in the world yet when I had that minor breakdown. Tomorrow will be the first FULL day of 2014. And you know what that means...
gymgymgymallthetimeeatnothingbutvegetablesbestellaratworkloveeveryoneneversaynegative...

1 comment:

  1. On the plus side, you're beating me in number of blog entries written this year.

    ReplyDelete