Sunday, May 26, 2013

The best emoticon ever

Last night, while watching Sweeney Todd and being somewhat intoxicated, I felt the need to text my boyfriend an emoticon that was expressive of great angst. However, my phone's library of smileys had nothing that suited this need. I realized I was going to have to put on my creative hat and invent my own angsty emoticon.
My first attempt was kind of on the right track:
:-[
But it wasn't quite angsty enough. My second attempt, however, was even more uninspired:
:/
Finally, at 2:32 a.m., enlightenment found me and I produced the absolutely stunning masterpiece below:
Love yo:-[:-[angst
This is effective on so many levels:
  • Double the faces for double the angst
  • Actually incorporates the word "angst" into the emoticon
  • Tricks you by making you think it's going to be an "i love you" text and then BAM, you're hit with the angst
Aaron either was busy or had the discretion to ignore these texts, which is fortunate, because I don't really know what would have spewed forth from my phone if he had asked for any kind of explanation.
Good lord, I suck. I'll never drink again, probablypossiblymaybedoubtfulnevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment